Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sand, salt and shooting stars.

I'm back from my overnight trip with some year two students to Dasada, a desert safari a couple of hours from campus. I went expecting something like the sand dunes I saw in Dubai, but instead we saw a lot of salt and the odd flamingo or wild ass (donkeys, not anything else your dirty minds come up with). Nevertheless, it was a good opportunity to get to know some of the students better, and to bond even more with our French counterparts.

And I saw two shooting stars! Stayed up a little longer learning French songs and laughing my head off while hoping to catch a third (for I was moments late in making my wish the first two times), but to no avail. I'll let you know if wishing on a falling star makes the wish come true.

I'll let the pictures do what pictures do. I'm off to grab some food before jumping into bed. Three hours of sleep and an entire day in a cold and dusty safari's taking its toll.


Our room,and the padded swing on the porch.


Took a shot with these handsome kids.


Fascinated as they saw themselves on Romain's digital camera.


The prettiest eyes.




Cracked salty earth.


Salt formations.






The desert landscapes.


Those black dots are actually flamingos.



The decorated jeep - kinda makes you think of the Hungry Ghost festival.


Traveling in style.


The wild asses we came to see.


Sunset.




Sunrise, this morning.




More salt.






Legs of a carcass.


Our pseudo-GAP fashion shoot, hahaha! Kash, Nuria, Marine, myself and Romain.






The boys standing atop the salt mountain.


Shaggy and the jump that hurt his back.


The Indian way of carrying stuff.


The salt exportation business.

1 comment:

Sai Charan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.